"I won't regret

Because you can grow
flowers


From
where
dirt used to be"


--Kate Nash


Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Love of a Lifetime

I'm in love....with a coat.

I found it today, but it feels like I've finally found what I've been searching for all my life: A vintage Burberry coat. And it only cost $7.50 with my student discount (heaven forbid I pay the full price of $9.99!). Oh sweet Jesus, I've found the one! I'm so happy. I seriously almost peed myself when I found it. My heart skipped a beat, and I was shaking.

I guess if I can't find love in men, I can always find it in fashion.

And makeup.

I LOVE it here. I just got home from a Halloween party at my professor's house that was so fun, we watched "Hocus Pocus" and "Edward Scissorhands" in the shop on Friday, and I got to do monster and gore makeup for a haunted house and then go through the haunted house for free! Tomorrow I'm going to a charity benefit cabaret.

My life, for the first time, is EXACTLY how I always wanted it to be. I'm living for wigs and makeup; there's all the art and culture I could ask for (art museum last weekend, plays during the week, etc.), I can walk everywhere, I live in an old house in a trendy neighborhood, and I'm reading good books all the time. I'm exactly who I want to be. I make my bed everyday, I drink coffee, I do dishes (RIGHT after I eat), I keep my room clean, I don't procrastinate as much, I eat healthy.....EVERYTHING is just....right.

I'm just missing that ONE thing.

But you know what? I DON'T CARE.

I am so in love with my life right now, I feel like I almost have to settle into it, get past the honeymoon stage, before I can let someone else into it.

Because I have everything I need, what more can you want?

I hope everyone gets to be their purest, truest self that they always dreamed they could be once in their life, to feel this feeling. It's great, this love affair with life.

P.S. Tour Guide has gone back to being completely uninterested in me. Whatevs.

No comments:

Post a Comment