"I won't regret

Because you can grow
flowers


From
where
dirt used to be"


--Kate Nash


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

He Got Game

No, my topic this week will not be about a not-well-known Spike Lee joint starring Denzel Washington....it's about the games people play in the act of seduction.

I got stood up yesterday....kinda. I haven't been stood up since Levi Fyock stood me up in high school. Karma got him in the end, he married a crack whore and was divorced by age 21....I kid you not.

So, I make plans to go with Tattoo Guy to see the Student Art Show which my immensely talented friend Katie got all 3 of her pieces into (and she got into the Kansas Collegiate show, and they said her work was the best in the student show, AND she got a scholarship without even applying for it....have I mentioned what an amazing artist she is?), and at 5:10, aka 10 minutes late, I text him to see what's up. His excuse? He "completely forgot." He FORGOT about our date! I couldn't believe it. So, I was drinking a glass of wine while I waited for him and as the minutes ticked on I kept drinking and before I knew it the bottle was empty and I was a little drunk.

Here's the weird part: I was totally turned on.

You see, I'm used to guys, especially nerdy guys, bending over backwards for me; and this guy is always busy and tells me like it is....and it pisses me off....and I LOVE it.

What's wrong with me?

He came over that night to make it up to me, and boy, did he. (don't worry mom, I didn't even take my pants off) It was awesome, and soooo hot.

Our first date he compliments me and opens car doors and I'm not into it....he stands me up and I can't get enough of him.

I am SUCH a girl sometimes.

Tonight we were supposed to hang out....I text him. He's "busy" until 10pm but he can squeeze me in then....What?! It's like he doesn't even realize how lucky a guy like him is to be seeing a girl like me. Let's face it: He Got Game.

Last night I'm talking to him abou this and I say "Ya know, I'm not used to this, I'm used to guys--"

"--Doing whatever you say because you're so pretty? Well, I'm not gonna jump through hoops, sweetheart." He interrrupted. Sometimes I swear this guy can read my mind....then he said, "You are really pretty though, like, I don't even want to leave with you laying there like that, but I have stuff to do."

I melted.

"It's okay...do what you want..." I say nonchalantly.

"You're not a very good liar. You know, you don't have to feign non-chalance with me."

"I'm not. You'll be back." Not conceit, just fact.

He just smiled and left.

You see, I Got Game, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment