"I won't regret

Because you can grow
flowers


From
where
dirt used to be"


--Kate Nash


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm Back in Black

Just when you think all hope is lost, you get thrown a rope.

Monday night I went out with Katie to "cheer me up," and I came home feeling worse than before.

But last night, on an ordinary Tuesday, something extraordinary happened: I got over it.

Katie was celebrating the "holiday" yesterday and invited me to join. I do not partake in the smoking of cannibus, (I've tried it, not for me. If I wanted to be tired and hungry I'd just watch Oprah) but I decided to come out anyway. I really didn't fix myself up special but my outfit was cute. I wore my skinny jeans rolled up with black sandals and a black tunic with a tan belt around it. The tunic was a button-down so it was nice and low cut, and I topped it off with gold and black leaf earrings and put my hair in a messy bun with my grecian-style headband. I was back in black.

At first I was bored and not drinking, and Katie was a bit loopy, so it looked to be another lackluster night, when in walked Glass Guy.

My heart skipped a beat.

"I need a drink," I proclaimed.

I didn't even have to say hello to him like I usually do because he's super awkward; HE came over to ME. We spent most of the night in our own little world just chatting. I don't really remember what about. It's always like that on a good night, I can barely remember it. I do remember that the conversation stalled quite a bit. He's the type of guy who's not much for joking and playing along (basically ALL I do) and conversation with him can be a bit of chore, like pulling teeth, actually. Luckily he's good to look at, so that makes up for it a bit, and once you get him going he's actually quite fun until he realizes he's doing it and remembers to be awkward again....I'd compare him to the old '84 Cutlass I drove in high school: A cool, yet dependable, classic car but if you don't warm it up for 10 minutes in the winter it dies at every stop sign.

He bought me a drink. Guys NEVER buy me drinks unless I've known them forever and they refer to me as "dude" a lot.

We all decided to leave while he was talking to some art friend so I just swept out of the room with a demure, yet titillating little wave. The look on his face was priceless, like he wanted to run after me but just....couldn't.

Katie's Not Boyfriend (who I've mentioned before, back when he was Katie's Boyfriend. Long story for a different blog...) gave me a high five for being ultra smooth. Me, smooth? Who Knew?

It was great. Just what I needed when I needed it.

Will it go anywhere? Nah, but maybe we'll flirt a few more times when we bump into each other....That would be nice.

Either way, I'm back!

And when I got into the car that night to go home, my favorite ridiculous radio song came on:

"Baby don't worry
You won't be lonely
You are my only
Even if the sky is falling down...."

No comments:

Post a Comment