"I won't regret

Because you can grow
flowers


From
where
dirt used to be"


--Kate Nash


Sunday, April 11, 2010

He's just not that into me

I'm getting rejected by a nerd.

I'm now a tanned, glossed, toned goddess and I'm being rejected by a balding nerd who dresses like he's from the late nineties. (Seriously, he has his wallet on a chain....I should've known it would never work)

Tattoo Guy doesn't call, he doesn't text, he doesn't do anything. If I want to make plans with him I have to ask, and even then sometimes he puts me off until late like I'm just supposed to rearrange my schedule for him. The nerve!

So what if he gave me multiple orgasms? (once again, no we didn't "do it" Mom, and you chose to read this) That does NOT entitle him to a girl like me. All my friends think he's weird, one of his friends said I was way out of his league, and yet HE is blowing ME off. I don't get it. All I have to say is thank GOD I didn't reciprocate. Of course, there in might be my problem, but if a nerd doesn't know he has to earn his keep with a girl like me I'm better off without him.

The thing is, I was ready to be done with him. That's the kinda girl I am. I just got this feeling, that sinking feeling I always get when someone isn't right for me, and I had to get out. But, then I tried to be a reasonable adult and thought: "hey, my gut's been wrong before, and an orgasm that you don't have to make happen yourself is hard to come by" (excuse the pun).

My Roomie said it to me in the most truthful, yet depressing terms: "I don't think he's your calliber, and I don't think he's right for you, but if you really want to have sex before you leave for grad school he's probably the best you're going to find. I mean, this is Emporia, there are no guys."

Gee, thanks.

So now, despite my better judgement, I'm having to face the fact that Tattoo Guyis just not that into ME.

On the upside, I had a fairly miserable Saturday night IN due to sickness and who happened to call me but my psuedo boyfriend! He didn't care that I kept coughing, he didn't care that I sounded so stoppped up I could have been the main speaker at a techie convention, he didn't care that on the other side of the phone I was still in my bathrobe and my hair was a mess; he just wanted to talk. We talked for two hours and by the end I wasn't feeling so sick anymore.

Psuedo Phone Boyfriends: very inconvenient geographically but somehow always there when you need them.

What's on the agenda tonight?

After not being able to eat for a few days I'm practically famished and so I bought myself a cookie cake and some Cape Cod chips and I'm watching Sex and the City and feeling a bit sorry for myself. After all, I did just get rejected by a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment