"I won't regret

Because you can grow
flowers


From
where
dirt used to be"


--Kate Nash


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our First Date

Tatto Guy did call. We hung out last night at the Dirty30 to celebrate Katie getting all of her artwork into the student show. We talked a lot and had a great time. He walked me home, we hugged. It was nice......

We went on our first official date tonight. He took me to see "Hot Tub Time Machine" which was an enjoyable movie but only really worth renting if you want to see a movie entitled "Hot Tub Time Machine."

He paid. Bonus.

Things went well. I was wearing a cute date outfit and he showed up in a superhero tee, but it was a Batman tee and at least Batman is my favorite superhero....

We were definitely a little cozy in the movie, nothing too exciting, but arms touching. When the movie was over I didn't want it to end. We got some Taco Bell (fancy, I know). He paid. Bonus. But it was only an 89 cent burrito.

We talked out on my front stoop for a long time. Sometime in the evening the date just got too long. He talked too much. He was too self-deprecating...etc.

The night was lovely, and he even opened the car door for me (which I actually don't like, it makes me uncomfortable), but although earlier today I was sure we would have our first kiss tonight by the end of the night I just wasn't feeling it.

I'll give it another shot. He does tell me I'm pretty a lot. Bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment