"I won't regret

Because you can grow
flowers


From
where
dirt used to be"


--Kate Nash


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Hangover Day!

I arose around ten this morning as the light filtered in through my window to see the clear blue sky of a beautiful spring day, and my head was swimming like there was an ocean filled with hammers inside it. I was sleeping sideways on my bed, and I had fallen asleep in my makeup so it was all over my face and my crisp white pillow. I hate it when I do that, it's so bad for your skin....and your linens.

I got quite drunk last night so I was quite flirty.

Here are my encounters of the night:

I ran into Actor Ex, as he is now deemed. He told me about how much he hated his job that he quit, I told him about grad school, he pretended to be excited and called me "dude" about four times. DUDE, you've been in me, so you don't have to pretend like we are bros, alright DUDE?!

As soon as Actor Ex walked inside Katie's Boyfriend (who I just met officially last night and I really approve of, cool guy, for real) turned to me and goes "You dated that guy? That guy's a tool. What is with you and Katie, and dating these tiny guys? You have the worst taste in men."

Agreed, Katie's Boyfriend, agreed.

I spent some time talking with a friend of Actor Ex. We'll call him Giant Guy, because he's a super tall, big guy. Seriously, like 6'4", at least 250 lbs. BIG GUY....No, Giant Guy. Anyway, he's also a super nice guy. Too nice, probably. He was married, and now he's divorced and sleeping on a couch at Actor Ex's old apt and trying to find a job and starting school next year. Not the achievement level that usually gets me going, but I guess we're both in transitional phases. We didn't really flirt or anything. He just kinda let me nerd out talking about books and GQ. It was nice to be a literature nerd for a bit.

Then Katie and I embarked on the Dirty Thirty, mine and Joel's nickname for a local bar in town called Beer30. Usually I have to be really trashed to go there, and I was, so it was a romping good time.

I got an applicant to be my Mr. Right Now. But then he said he had been reading my blog. I didn't know so many people were secretly reading this. Like my musings are really that interesting, but I started this so I could say exactly what I'm thinking and feeling so if people are going to read it they're just going to have to deal with that. I told him if we hooked up he'd have to expect to be written about. He didn't like the sound of that.

He also asked me if I was really "that angry" about being funny and not being in a relationship that I had to blog about it. I didn't know that my blogs were angry, just honest. Maybe sometimes they're a little frustrated, or a little sad, or a little contemplative, but not angry. Someone who finds these little posts of mine hostile really doesn't get me.

Then I ran into Glass Guy, we'll call him that because that's what he does: he's a glass blowing artist. Apparently every girl in the art department has had a crush on him at some point or another because he's so "mysterious" as Katie says, but I just find him awkward and guarded, and maybe a little snotty. I can't really flirt with him anyway, because one of my favorite girls, Annie, kinda had a thing with him. Yes, there is an unwritten girl code, just like you guys have; and getting with a guy who your friend even kinda likes is definitely against girl code, especially if they have a bit of a history. But, all that aside, there are a few things about Glass Guy that are enthralling. First, his smile. He has one of those lopsided smiles that just drive me crazy, and when he smiles his eyes crinkle up so you can harldy see them. That just kills me. Also, he has a deep voice, which is an odd plus for me. Something about the tone of one's voice....maybe it's from all those years of singing and acting.

I met the owner of The Dirty Thirty last night. He was a large person, and a large presence. I found him very charming. We talked for a while. He called me darlin'. I didn't tell him I thought he bar was repulsive. I was intrigued. My friends filled me in later that he is a bit of a sleaze. Why was I surprised at this? Shouldn't I know by now that I have the absolute worst taste in men? Katie's Boyfriend already told me at the beginning of the night I can't pick guys, did I think I had magically changed within hours?

Yes, I did. Was the truthful answer, but that was probably the Paddy's Punch talking.

So, St. Patty's was all talk and no action, which is fine by me. I got to do some flirting which was fun, except I know I ramble too much and do this stupid thing where I bite my lower lip like it's supposed to be sexy or something when it's really just a nervous habit. Hopefully no one noticed.

I ended the night by drunk dialing my Pseudo Phone Boyfriend, and texting Shawn. Neither responded until this morning. What's the good of a phone boyfriend if he doesn't pick up? Someone should probably take my phone away on nights like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment